11.10.12

experiment #3

I live and breathe The Lord of the Rings trilogy. 
This still (below) is taken (found on G-images) from a scene in The Fellowship of the Ring and ever since I have had my chain I've wanted to re-shoot it.

I've been the the snow three times in the past two months and every time I forgot to take my chain. Part of me dreaded losing it, I admit. 

Well, we're currently in the middle of Spring and this morning we woke up to 8cm of snow all around us. I got out of bed an hour early just to do this photo shoot. 

Comparing this to the original concept, the theme from the film, it is entirely different save the fact that it's a ring on a chain in the snow, but as a stand alone photo I am so happy with it.
Notes for next time - imitate original closer. Get less chain and more ring. Get more background instead of foreground. Be more patient and less cold.