10.10.12

experiment #2

I love experimenting. Not always, of course. Sometimes after an experiment I'm ready to create World War III. Failure is something I don't like to accept.
"By failure you learn. By success... not so much." ('meet the robinsons' ;)
It's so true, yet so hard to take on board.

This experiment (take #2. To see take #1 scroll down two posts) was a chore and a half. I'm still in love with the concept, but my take is so, well, lame.

Original^. Using a glass slab, splashed/sprinkled with water, a shaded torch, and a tripod. And actually, I noted after much inspection, a helluva lot of Photoshop. (There's no such thing as a white M&M in a mixed pack, did you know that? For this image they've changed the brown M&M to white. Tricksy...)


So this one of my hundreds of trials. I did this on my kitchen table at night time, so the lighting is dark. And because I had to use glad-wrap it didn't work in daylight because glad-wrap isn't clear. Shhh, don't tell anyone.
I wanted my take-off to be happy and bright like the original but it just wasn't happening, brother. 

So, all in all, Experiment #2 was a failure. Stay tuned. Summer's on its way.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice Idea with sprinkled water.... i loved d way u made them colorful with that colorful balls at d back side... nice shots...keep it up... n best luck... :) - Jay,
www.fb.com/jayeshpatil07